The battle for Major League Baseball’s Most Valuable Player (MLB MVP) award will be a shorter one in 2020, placing an impetus on players to maintain form over a season lasting just three months.
MLB recently confirmed a 60-game regular season will begin July 23 2020, with the World Series to get underway on October 20 ahead of a potential Game 7 date of October 28 2020.
Bet on MLB MVP Awards and place other prop bets at U.S. sportsbook apps in New Jersey (NJ), Indiana (IN), Colorado (CO), Pennsylvania (PA), West Virginia (WV), Illinois (IL).
(NJ, CO, VA & OH)
(NJ, CO, VA & OH)
(PA & WV)
(PA & WV)
Betting Predictions: Who Wins MLB MVP 2020?
Mookie Betts and Mike Trout have each won MVP awards in the past, but the pair will now have a chance of clinching accolades in the same season following the former’s move to the Los Angeles Dodgers. Fans of the franchise will finally have a chance to see former Boston Red Sox standout Betts suit up in Dodgers colors following his 2020 trade, and he’s a +550 (6.50) favorite to be named National League MVP in his first season playing in that half of the bracket, according to DraftKings NJ.
Right field star Betts won the 2018 American League MVP title in his penultimate season with the Red Sox and could win the NL equivalent if he can first the Dodgers up in his debut campaign. The 27-year-old has been surrounded by rumors regarding whether he’ll remain with the Dodgers for more than a single season, though there’s still room for him to have a big impact in L.A. even if that were the case.
Dodgers team-mate Cody Bellinger currently holds the crown and is a +700 (8.00) to retain the honor in 2020, level in odds order alongside Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Christian Yelich, who won in 2018.
Meanwhile, three-time American League MVP Mike Trout is hoping to become only the second player in history to win either award four times, per DraftKings odds.
A little reminder of how great @MikeTrout is. 😏 pic.twitter.com/3y3iZDZKWl— MLB Stats (@MLBStats) June 27, 2020
Barry Bonds holds the record with seven, though his legacy has been tainted by widespread allegations of using performance-enhancing drugs.
The Los Angeles Angels are not fancied to contend for the 2020 World Series, though that hasn’t stopped seven-time Silver Slugger-winner Trout from dominating the MVP vote in the past.
Aaron Judge is one of several fit-again New York Yankees hoping to contest for the World Series and AL MVP crown as a +700 (8.00) contender, listed alongside Francisco Lindor of the Milwaukee Brewers.
MVP MLB Awards Betting Odds & Favorites 2020
- Predicted National League MVP: Cody Bellinger (+700)
- Predicted American League MVP: Aaron Judge (+700)
National League MVP Predictions
- Mookie Betts (LA Dodgers): +550
- Cody Bellinger (LA Dodgers): +700
- Christian Yelich (Milwaukee Brewers): +700
- Ronald Acuna Jr. (Atlanta Braves): +900
- Juan Soto (Washington Nationals): +1000
- Nolan Arenado (Colorado Rockies): +1800
- Javier Baez (Chicago Cubs): +1800
- Bryce Harper (Philadelphia Phillies): +1800
- Fernando Tatis Jr. (San Diego Padres): +2000
- Kris Bryant (Chicago Cubs): +2500
American League MVP Predictions
- Mike Trout (LA Angels): +550
- Aaron Judge (NY Yankees): +700
- Francisco Lindor (Milwaukee Brewers): +700
- Anthony Rendon (Cleveland Indians): +900
- Alex Bregman (Houston Astros): +1000
- Matt Chapman (Oakland Athletics): +1800
- Josh Donaldson (Oakland Athletics): +1800
- Gleyber Torres (NY Yankees): +1800
- Jose Ramirez (San Diego Padres): +2000
- George Springer (Houston Astros): +2500
Odds via DraftKings NJ sportsbook.