List of the best online casino sites where US players can play for (and win) real money in 2021
Legalized online casinos first went live in USA back in 2013. But seven years on, only five states have regulated internet casino gambling for real money.
Regulated sports betting in America is moving at a much faster pace. And in time, some of the many states that have legalized sports betting may well incorporate online casinos and poker websites.
Which US States Have Legal Online Casinos?
Legalized: 2011 Online casino gambling was first proposed in the Garden State back in 2011, but Gov. Chris Christie’s revised bill didn’t pass until early 2013. The first licensed casinos launched online later that year.
- By law, only Atlantic City casinos are permitted to own remote gambling licenses. Any online software operators must also partner up with an existing land-based land-based casino in the city.
- To gamble online, customers in the USA must be aged 21 or over and be physically located in New Jersey. Players can choose from hundreds of video slots and table games, as well as video poker, keno, and live casino games.
In 2021, there are nearly two dozen online casinos open in New Jersey, all licensed by the NJ Division of Gaming Enforcement (DGE). The Golden Nugget operates its own online casino plus two sites in partnership with Betfair and SugarHouse. Caesars also operates three online casinos, one in partnership with 888.
NJ Atlantic City operators with online casinos:
- Golden Nugget
- Wynn Casino
- Ocean Casino Resort
- Hard Rock AC
- Bally’s (TBC)
Legalized: 2017. After a break of four years, Pennsylvania joined the three pioneers by legalizing online casinos and poker. By summer 2020, PA had 12 online casino sites and mobile gambling applications operating in the state. Pennsylvania also offers online poker and sports betting to players aged 21 or over who are located in the state.
Want to play casino online in PA? Do it with the code PENNGAMBLER at BetRivers PA .
Legalized: 2019. Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer signed a blanket raft of laws in late 2019 legalizing most forms of online gambling.
Online casino games, poker, and sports betting were all made legal simultaneously. The first online casinos in Michigan went live in early 2021. Right now, players can choose between a few of online casinos in MI:
Legalized: 2019. West Virginia legalized online gambling in 2019 with the introduction of the West Virginia Lottery Interactive Wagering Act. The move includes poker and casino games:
- Hollywood Casino
- Wheeling Island Casino
- The Greenbrier
- Mardi Gras Casino
- Mountaineer Casino
BetMGM online casino went live in the state in 2021. DraftKings was the first online casino to open in WV after it signed a licensing partnership with the Hollywood Casino in Charles Town. West Virginians aged 21 or over can play slots and table games via desktop or mobile.
Legalized: 2012. Delaware was one of the first US states to legalize online casino gambling. However, it remains the smallest US state in terms of gambling revenue. Players aged 21 or over can play slots or table games for real cash.
Only Delaware’s three race tracks operate online casinos:
- Delaware Park
- Dover Downs
- Harrington Raceway & Casino
Which Other States Could Legalize Online Casinos?
- Many US states have been pushing ahead with online gambling legislation in recent months.
- There are now over 20 states with some form of legal sports betting. Those states could extend their laws to encompass internet casino sites too.
- Nevada is yet to expand its current online poker laws to encompass online casino. So far, the state’s many land-based operators have failed to come to an agreement on how internet casino games might work in their favor.
Recommended online casino for Pennsylvania: Betrivers. Use the code to get the bonus!
In terms of legalized online casinos in the USA, New Jersey offers the widest range of regulated gambling sites.
Casinos like Golden Nugget online casino are aligned to existing, established brick ‘n’ mortar businesses in Atlantic City, USA. The Golden Nugget site offers over 580 casino games, including licensed video slots from developers like IGT, WMS, and NetEnt. The site also has a full Live Dealer casino where you can gamble against human croupiers coming straight from the casino floor. Golden Nugget also offers large real money welcome bonuses to new customers and a generous VIP program.
10 Best Online Casino for the USA
- Sugarhouse Casino
- Party Casino
- Virgin Casino
- bet365 USA
- William Hill USA
- Golden Nugget Online Casino
Which U.S. state allows online casino:
- ALABAMA, AL
- ALASKA, AK
- ARIZONA, AZ
- ARKANSAS, AR
- CALIFORNIA, CA
- COLORADO, CO
- CONNECTICUT, CT
- DELAWARE, DE
- FLORIDA, FL
- GEORGIA, GA
- HAWAII, HI
- IDAHO, ID
- ILLINOIS, IL
- INDIANA, IN
- IOWA, IA
- KANSAS, KS
- KENTUCKY, KY
- LOUISIANA, LA
- MAINE, ME
- MARYLAND, MD
- MASSACHUSETTS, MA
- MICHIGAN, MI
- MINNESOTA, MN
- MISSISSIPPI, MS
- MISSOURI, MS
- MONTANA, MO
- NEBRASKA, NE
- NEVADA, NV
- NEW HAMPSHIRE, NH
- NEW JERSEY, NJ
- NEW MEXICO, NM
- NEW YORK, NY
- NORTH CAROLINA, NC
- NORTH DAKOTA, ND
- OHIO, OH
- OKLAHOMA, OK
- OREGON, OR
- PENNSYLVANIA, PA
- RHODE ISLAND, RI
- SOUTH CAROLINA, SC
- SOUTH DAKOTA, SD
- TENNESSEE, TN
- TEXAS, TX
- UTAH, UT
- VERMONT, VT
- VIRGINIA, VA
- WASHINGTON, WA
- WEST VIRGINIA, WV
- WISCONSIN, WI
- WYOMING, WY
US Real Money Online Casinos 2021
All legal online casinos in the US now offer games where you can win real money.
- Under individual state laws in Delaware and New Jersey, USA players over 21 who are situated within state borders can play for real cash from the comfort of their own home.
Good legal online casinos like Golden Nugget in New Jersey offer real money gambling on games as diverse as new video slots, scratchers, and table games. You can spin classic slots from $0.01 and trigger free spins or high-paying progressive jackpots with a chance to win millions.
- Progressive jackpot slots are linked games that feature special prizes made up of portions of each contributing bet. Depending on the game, progressives are triggered by hitting a certain payline or activating a unique bonus round.
- Online table games like blackjack and roulette usually start with minimum bets around the $1.00 mark.
- Always check the game info before starting to see details on min and max stakes.
- The beauty of online casino games is that casual players can find much lower stakes than they will get in a land-based casino.
- All games pay out real money into your online account, and the odds are the same as you will find in an offline casino.
- For higher stakes, players in the USA can try Live Dealer games at bet365 online casino (maximum limits on card tables and quick payouts).
- These let you take on a human croupier via webcam who is handling the action from a live casino or studio environment. As a rule, the minimum stakes can be higher than computerized table games, but the potential to win bigger cash prizes is also greater.
The beauty of a legal online casino is the huge variety of games available. You may find table games and slots you won’t find in any US land-based casino where you live. Golden Nugget online casino, for example, offers both single hand and multi hand versions of blackjack, as well as Let It Ride, French Roulette, and 3 Wheel Roulette. Games like Roulette Master let you customize the playing field while you try and win real money.
How to choose an online casino?
First of all, for your own security, we recommend you to play with the legal online gaming operators. only (AmericanGambler only offers US legit sites).
Each state in the USA has some amazing casino sites in operation, and they all offer trusted games and verified payouts. You will find that all USA online casino websites (and mobile apps) are licensed and regulated, and they each provide secured banking options so you can manage your accounts and play real money games safely from the comfort of your home.
- Secondly, when you choose to play at a US-based online casino, your first decision will be where to play, what bonus code to apply.
- When you choose to gamble online, you will be accessing the same types of games you would find if you were visiting your local casino venue. These games are powered by some of the best software providers in the industry, and you will find titles from companies like IGT, NextGen, RTG, Net Entertainment, Bally and more. Most U.S. casino sites will have hundreds of game titles, so you can choose what you like and also choose between many supported wagers.
When it comes to the selection of games, you will find that the most popular games are slot titles. You will find the latest and greatest video slots along with new releases on a regular basis. These games offer multiple paylines and excellent bonus features that can boost payouts. You will also be able to play standard three-reel slot elections, and you will be pleased to discover some high paying progressive jackpot slots with some offering millions in returns.
If you would rather hit the tables and enjoy gambling excitement, U.S. online casinos are home to realistic blackjack, roulette, baccarat and poker games. There are many variations of each of these games supported online. You will also find a nice assortment of video poker games to access.
Not only do online casinos offer access to leading game titles, but they also present promotional deals. You will find better bonuses being offered at an online casino than a land-based venue. These sites will welcome new players with match bonuses and free spins and will also have a wide array of ongoing promotions. Just as with land casinos, you will also benefit from loyalty rewards when you place your real money wagers.
One of the great things about playing casino games online is the possibility to play these games for free.
This is quite beneficial if you are a new gambler and need to take some time to learn game rules. With free games, there is no monetary risk and you can take as long as you need to become familiar with any supported game. While you will not win payouts, you can pick up some great tips and work on game strategies that will be useful when you do start to place real money wagers. Those states that do not allow online gambling may have offers from so called sweepstakaes casinos where you play for a chance to win real cash prizes. Try Chumba Casino, for example.
For NJ players we recommend SugarHouse Casino (bonus code SUGARGAMBLER)
In the United States online casino gambling is tightly regulated. Only residents of and visitors to the states of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, West Virginia and Michigan can indulge in legal casino games online.
- New Jersey is currently the largest market for regulated online gambling in the US. Over twenty fully legal and licensed online casino sites and poker rooms vie for position in the USA market worth over $225 million per year.
All US online slot companies must be partnered with land-based operators within state limits. State law also says that all gaming servers must be located within Atlantic City itself. Anyone within state lines is allowed to play at one of the 20 authorized sites however.
WYNN CASINO – One of the best gambling sites in the USA
While Wynn Casino may have been later to the game than others in New Jersey, the app comes with a strong name behind it.
Wynn has numerous table games and other games in the app, and has daily, weekly, and monthly contests for gamblers as well as bonus action.
One of the things that makes this app so popular with the bettors is the free bet refund that comes if you lose during your first set amount of wagering.
No Deposit Bonus
Wynn Casino does not have a no deposit bonus, as the free spins come after you make your first deposit into the account.
Sign Up Bonus
Bettors can get 250 free spins on the 88 Megaway slot machines with qualifying action on the slot machines, when you deposit at least $20 and play at least $250 on the slots.
Bettors can also take advantage of this unique offer from Wynn Casino. Wager up to $500 with WynnBet on your initial play through the app. If it proves to be a losing bet, WynnBet will refund that amount to your account in the form of a free bet.
There is no promo code needed when signing up for a new Wynn Casino account. Just go to the app and sign up, and use this link to get started.
Bettors need to wager $250 on casino slots to be eligible for the 250 free spins on the 88 Megaway slot machines. This can be met from one bet or from multiple wagers, but only slot wagers will qualify. Table games do not apply.
Table of Contents
- Which US States Have Legal Online Casinos?
- Which Other States Could Legalize Online Casinos?
- 10 Best Online Casino for the USA
- How to choose an online casino?
- WYNN CASINO – One of the best gambling sites in the USA
FAQs About USA Online Casino Gambling
Right now, while online sports betting is allowed in almost half the American states, online casinos are limited to certain states: Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and in limited amounts Delaware and Nevada.
No, online casinos are not rigged. They use the same computer technology that brick and mortar casinos use. The days of the old wheel turning in Atlantic City and Nevada casinos are gone. Your odds are the same.
Yes, online casinos pay out when you win. Unlike in the old days, when you would get coins coming out of the slots or chips coming to you from the blackjack tables, the money and chips go right into your online account.
The best online casino for real money really depends on which app is offering the best bonuses that day, week, or month. You can shop around and find multiple apps/sites that offer you great first time deposit bonuses and reload offers.
Online casino bonuses work in different ways, depending on if they are first time deposit, reload, or daily bonuses. Most of the offers match the money you put into your account with added money, or they give you extra money to wager in the casino if you reach a certain goal.