Manchester United, Chelsea and Leicester City are in a three-way race for UEFA Champions League qualification on the last day of the Premier League season, but only two teams can move into Europe’s top competition next season.
Leicester sit outside the top four heading into Sunday’s final showdown but can climb if they beat United at home, or a draw would suffice if Chelsea lose to Wolverhampton Wanderers.
The Red Devils travel to the King Power Stadium as +125 (2.25) favorites with Caesars Sports despite winning only one of their last four games. The Foxes also have one victory in their last four outings but are unbeaten in five at home, failing to concede a single goal in that stretch.
United have emerged as 1-0 victors in their last two meetings with Leicester but have looked tired of late, and a price of +490 (5.90) on the teams to be drawing at half-time and full time looks appealing, via bet365 USA.
Chelsea are guaranteed at least fourth as long as they get a result against Wolves at Stamford Bridge, seeking a repeat of their 5-2 victory over the same opponent back in September. The Blues lost 5-3 to champions Liverpool on Wednesday back are back as -120 (1.83) favorites at home.
A price of +235 (3.35) for there to be Over 3.5 goals may prove tempting considering there have been at least four scored in four of Chelsea’s last seven games, not to mention the seven netted the last time these teams met. Wolves also have plenty of motivation as they know Tottenham Hotspur can knock them from sixth and out of next season’s UEFA Europa League, and the odds on Nuno Espirito Santo’s side to get any result could look good as part of a parlay.
Watford, Bournemouth and Aston Villa are the three teams still in contention for the two yet-to-be-decided relegation places.
Manager-less Watford will need a small miracle to beat -105 (1.95) favorites Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium, while Everton look like good value to beat struggling Bournemouth at +125 (2.25) at William Hill Sportsbook. The Toffees are still yet to lose a game at home in 2020 and seem almost a certain to win or draw at -260 (1.38), with Bournemouth losing six of their eight games since play resumed.
West Ham have hit a sudden purple patch and appear slightly overpriced at +210 (3.10) to beat Villa, who are undefeated in three as they fight for their survival but haven’t won on the road since New Year’s Day.
Week 38 Odds, Predictions
- Everton (+125), Draw (+275), Bournemouth (+195) – Everton
- West Ham United (+210), Draw (+255), Aston Villa (+125) – Draw
- Burnley (+130), Draw (+245), Brighton & Hove Albion (+205) – Burnley
- Newcastle United (+700), Draw (+405), Liverpool (-265) – Liverpool
- Leicester City (+215), Draw (+245), Manchester United (+125) – Draw
- Manchester City (-1250), Draw (+1100), Norwich City (+2750) – Manchester City
- Southampton (+120), Draw (+245), Sheffield United (+225) – Draw
- Crystal Palace (+500), Draw (+315), Tottenham Hotspur (-180) – Tottenham Hotspur
- Arsenal (-105), Draw (+285), Watford (+265) – Arsenal
- Chelsea (-120), Draw (+270), Wolverhampton Wanderers (+325) – Draw