Table of Contents
What stats are used when betting the NFL?
Every bettor or handicapper has their own strategy when locking in an NFL wager.
Some look at the matchups between the team, while others try to spot some key trends they can capitalize on.
Some examples include
- How many points a team is averaging per game
- How many points the other team us allowing per game.
- Home-field advantage and what it means to a certain team (some teams play very well at home)
- Road records
- Travel (multiple road games or going coast-to-coast)
- Against the spread and over/under records, a team has so far this season.
There are data points for virtually everything in today's NFL meaning significant trends are often easy to spot. Sportsbooks often account for these trends, but they also overlook them in other instances.