Head to head betting is standard 1×2 betting. In soccer, you can bet on a team to win, lose, or draw. In American Football you can bet on a team to win or lose.
Here’s head to head betting example from soccer
Manchester City is playing Liverpool. The Casino, or online site, will offer odds on either side to win or for the match to end in a draw. When you bet on Manchester City, if they win the match, you win the bet.
If the match ends in either a draw or a Liverpool win, you lose the bet. Head to head betting that involves the draw as a third outcome option is also known as 3-way betting.
Most sports, however, only have two possible outcomes. In sports such as tennis, basketball, and baseball, you bet on either team to win the match.
If the Los Angeles Lakers are playing the Boston Celtics in the NBA, you can bet that either the Lakers will win or the Celtics will win. If the Dallas Cowboys are playing the Green Bay Packers in the NFL, you can bet that either the Cowboys or the Packers are going to win the game.
More about 1×2 betting:
- What are some methods for wagering on head to head driver matchups?
- What does 1×2 mean in soccer betting. How does it work?
- What is 1×2 soccer betting?
- What is Three-way Betting (Handicap) in soccer and NFL?
- How to read three-way moneyline in soccer betting?