Table of Contents
What is a Teaser Bet in NFL betting?
Most betting sites allow bettors to place a wager referred to as a “teaser’’ bet.
What a teaser does is allow the bettor to change the point spread or point total on multiple games to increase the likelihood of covering a bet.
The more points you tease by, the worse the odds/payouts, so the strategy is all about mitigating risk with reward. You can also select more teams to add to a teaser for more favorable odds, similar to how you would for a parlay.
The most common NFL teaser bets include:
- Two-team six-point teaser (-110)
- Two-team seven-point teaser (-140)
- Three-team ten-point teaser (-120)
However, many of the best sports betting apps allow for a significant degree of flexibility, with NFL teasers allowing you to add up to 10+ teams and teasing all the way out to 13+ points.
NFL Teaser Strategies
NFL teasers are a type of bet where you get to move the point spread or total on a number of games in your favor. This can be a great way to increase your chances of winning, but it's important to use a smart strategy to maximize your profits.
Before locking in a teaser bet, it's best to understand the best NFL teaser strategies:
- Tease under 3 points. This is a popular strategy that involves teasing favorites from -7.5 to -8.5 to under a field goal (-1.5 or -2.5). Most close games in the NFL are decided by last-minute field goals, so getting under 3 points is crucial.
- Avoid teasers with totals. Teasers with totals can be more unpredictable, as the final score of a game can be affected by a number of factors, such as weather and turnovers. It's best to stick to teasers with point spreads only.
- Don't tease too many games. Just like with parlays, the more games you tease, the more likely you are to have something go wrong. It's best to stick to two- or three-team teasers to mitigate risk.
Where Can I bet NFL Teasers
Caesars Sportsbook is an excellent choice to bet on NFL teasers. They allow bettors to construct a flexible range of teaser options including versatility with points and the number of teams you can select.
New customers can use Caesars promo code JULIUSFULL to claim $1,250 back in bet credit if your first bet doesn't win.