A shot at the UFC flyweight title is significantly closer for whoever emerges victorious when Jessica Eye and Cynthia Calvillo clash at UFC Fight Night on Saturday (June 13). Here is our preview and UFC Fight Night prediction.
Jessica Eye vs. Cynthia Calvillo Prediction & Betting Odds
There’s so little between the two fighters that most bookmakers are barely divided on their predictions, with the pair priced equally at -110 (1.91) at bet365 (available in New Jersey).
“Evil” Eye recovered from a humbling defeat to Valentina Shevchenko when she bat Viviane Araujo on the scorecards in her last bout. The 33-year-old is back for another five-round brawl against 8-1-1 Calvillo, who has made the move back to flyweight after missing the cut-off in three of her past three fights at strawweight.
That change in preparation could give Calvillo the edge with an easier weight cut, while Eye has missed flyweight limit (125 lbs) by six pounds before her win over Araujo.
Both main-event fighters are regarded as tough characters with hardy personalities, which is apparent in their respective records.
Grappling specialist Calvillo has only one loss on her professional record, a decision defeat to Carla Esparza in December 2017, with notable wins over Joanne Calderwood, Amanda Cooper and Montana De La Rosa.
Eye has lost in six of her 12 UFC bouts but has only been stopped once with the promotion—that devastating head-kick knockout at the hands of champion Shevchenko.
Calvillo has three submission wins on her record from 10 pro fights and is listed at +333 (4.33) to make Eye tap at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada. Neither fighter has fought more than three rounds in their careers, so it’s realistic to think bodies may wilt in the championship rounds.
Neither fighter hits as hard or as accurately as Shevchenko, but Eye is a high price at +700 to collect a win via KO, TKO or disqualification, which could also be worthy of a punt should Calvillo tire.
DraftKings is also offering parlay odds by the round for a riskier bet, with odds of +2500 (26.00) for Calvillo to submit her opponent in round four and +3300 (34.00) to do so in the fifth.
The main event is -215 (1.47) to go the distance with, though an earlier finish could be where the value sits.
UFC Fight Night: Eye vs. Calvillo Info & Free Bets Promos
- Date: Saturday, June 13
- Venue: UFC Apex (Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Free Bets & Betting Bonus offers in NJ, Colorado, Indiana and PA.
- TV: ESPN. Live Stream: ESPN+
- Prelims: 6 p.m. ET (11 p.m. BST)
- Main Card: 9 p.m. ET (2 a.m. BST)
- Jessica Eye (-110) vs. Cynthia Calvillo (-110) – Calvillo via submission
- Marvin Vettori (-225) vs. Karl Roberson (+175) – Vettori via unanimous decision
- Merab Dvalishvili (-400) vs. Ray Borg (+300) – Dvalishvili via unanimous decision
- Andre Fili (-230) vs. Charles Jourdain (+180) – Jourdain via TKO
- Jordan Espinosa (-165) vs. Mark De La Rosa (+132) – De La Rosa via submission
- Mariya Agapova (-265) vs. Hannah Cifers (+205) – Agapova via TKO
- Kevin Aguilar (-177) vs. Charles Rosa (+140) – Aguilar via split decision
- Julia Avila (-500) vs. Gina Mazany (+350) – Avila via unanimous decision
- Jordan Griffin (-177) vs. Darrick Minner (+140) – Griffin via submission
- Anthony Ivy (-190) vs. Christian Aguilera (+150) – Ivy via TKO
New Jersey customers can find UFC Fight Night: Eye vs. Calvillo betting odds and predictions at SugarHouseNJ/Betrivers IN/PA/CO online sportsbooks.