Table of Contents
Phillies vs Astros: Sunday Night Betting Preview
Sunday Night Baseball is a popular television format used to showcase two of the best teams in the Majors. In this edition of Sunday Night Baseball, the Philadelphia Phillies face the Houston Astros in one of the best showdowns of the Sunday Night Baseball schedule. Here's a look at the Phillies vs Astros betting odds.
Philadelphia Phillies vs. Houston Astros: Background
The Astros and Phillies are no strangers to each other. They squared off in last year's Fall Classic. The Astros vs Phillies World Series was an exciting affair, with the Astros taking the Series in six games.
Now, this Philly vs Astros matchup features two strong teams off to a bit of a slow start. The Phillies vs Astros pitching matchups show projected starters Bailey Falter for the Phillies and Jose Urquidy for the Astros.
The Phillies enter this contest in fourth place in the National League East. The Astros enter this matchup battling the Texas Rangers for first place in the American League West.
If you're wondering where to watch Phillies vs Astros, you can catch the action on ESPN.
How to Bet Phillies vs. Astros
There are three main bet types in baseball:
- – Moneyline. The moneyline refers to the game's winner. When you bet on the moneyline, you bet on who will win the game. In this case, a moneyline bet could be either the Astros or Phillies to win the game. The Phillies vs Astros score determines who wins the moneyline.
- – Over/under. The over/under bet refers to the total number of runs in the game. For instance, an over/under of 9.5 means you can bet on both teams combining for more than or less than 9.5 runs. If you bet over, you win if the teams score more than 10 runs in the game, say, a final score of 6-5 or 7-4 would be a winning bet. If you bet on the under, more than nine runs would ruin your bet.
- – Run line. This bet is baseball's version of the spread. For example, a run line of +1.5 means the winning team would have to win by two or more runs to win the bet. A run line of -1.5 means the winning team must win by one run.
All major sportsbooks offer these three bet types for baseball games. However, the actual lines vary from sportsbook to sportsbook.
Where to Bet on Phillies vs. Astros
Choosing where to bet on Phillies vs Astros depends on your state. Not all major sportsbooks operate in the same states. Most sportsbooks obtain licensing in a handful of states but may not have authorization to operate in your particular state. So, searching for authorized sportsbooks in your state of residence is a good place to start.
Online sports betting is legal in Pennsylvania, meaning local fans can get in on the action.
Note that most sportsbooks will show an Astros vs Phillies prediction to assist you in making decisions regarding possible wagers. Most sportsbooks also have information on daily fantasy sports which can help you make wagering decisions.
Phillies vs. Houston Astros Props
Props bets depend on specific outcomes in the Phillies vs Astros game. These outcomes are related to team or player events. Here are some popular baseball prop bets:
- – Number of total bases
- – Number of home runs
- – Number of strikeouts or walks
- – Number of errors
- – Number of innings pitches
- – Number of plate appearance
- – Number of stolen bases
There is a potentially unlimited amount of prop bets. So, check out your favorite sportsbook to see what prop bets they offer for this Phillies vs Astros matchup.