Table of Contents
Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Diego Padres: Odds & Matchup Stats
The Los Angeles Dodgers square off against the San Diego Padres on May 7th on Sunday Night Baseball. The current projected pitching matchup is Julio Urias for LA and Joe Musgrove for the Friars. Get the latest news, odds, and analysis, and see how to bet on this pivotal NL West showdown.
How to bet on Dodgers vs Padres
Anticipate a close betting line here as these two World Series contenders collide in an early season showdown. If you want to bet on the game consider wagering on the following:
- – Run line: A fixed line set at 1.5. The favorite must win by two or more runs while the underdog must win outright or lose by just 1 run.
- – Moneyline: A bet on who wins the game outright (no spread)
- – Over/under: How many total runs will the teams combine to score?
- – Player props: Individual counting stats such as total hits, total bases, strikeouts, odds to hit a home run, and more.
- Game props: Team in the lead after 5 innings, no runs first inning, even/odd number of runs scored etc.
Why You Should Back the Dodgers
In a six-game homestand that didn't include a single loss, the Dodgers made an impressive mark by sweeping both the St. Louis Cardinals and the Philadelphia Phillies. The most astonishing of the Dodgers' performances came against the Phillies, where they managed to score a total of 36 points in three games (13-4, 13-1, 10-6).
On Wednesday, the team pulled off an excellent comeback by overcoming a five-point deficit. The Dodgers came into the season with a renewed lineup and approach that is starting to prove successful.
Why You Should Back the Padres
The Padres have had a successful week thus far, earning victories in two out of three games against the Cincinnati Reds on their home field. These came after previously sweeping a two-game series against the San Francisco Giants in Mexico City.
On Wednesday, the Padres secured a 7-1 triumph over the Cincinnati Reds to seal the series 2-1. Up-and-coming shortstop Brett Sullivan contributed significantly to the team's success with two hits, including his first home run, and four runs batted in.