Table of Contents
How to bet on the Super Bowl in Indiana
With the legalization of sports betting in Indiana back in May 2019, Indiana citizens are in their fourth year of being able to bet on the Super Bowl in 2023. The Super Bowl is among the most annually bet-upon sporting events in the United States, making it a significant opportunity for sportsbooks and those looking to make money off of them.
Here's a look at Super Bowl LVII betting in Indiana.
Best Indiana Super Bowl Betting Sites
Super Bowl LVII Odds
History of the Indianapolis Colts in the Super Bowl
Since arriving in Indiana in 1984, the Colts have been to the Super Bowl twice, defeating the Bears in 2006 before losing to the Saints in 2009. Peyton Manning guided the franchise to well over a decade of perennial contention, but they have fallen off in recent years.
The Colts also made two Super Bowl appearances prior to moving from Baltimore, losing in 1968 before winning in 1970.
Super Bowl Betting Lines
Bettors have several different options for how to bet on the Super Bowl. Here's a look at some of the available options
Super Bowl Game Lines
Tradtional NFL game lines include:
- Moneylines: The most intuitive of the main ways to bet on the Super Bowl. Each team is given odds on their likelihood of winning the game – if they win, the bet on their moneyline wins.
- Point spreads: Sportsbooks identify a margin of victory for the favored team they think is most likely, then set it as a spread (i.e. IND -4.0 in a game the Colts are projected to win by 4). Bettors can then wager on either side of the spread for equal odds. If the Colts win by more than four, they cover the spread; if they win by fewer than four or lose entirely, the opposing team covers the spread.
- Point totals: Sportsbooks project how many combined points the teams in a game will score, then allow bettors to wager on whether the teams will score over or under the total.
Prop bets are more specific than game lines, usually concerning whether individual players or teams hit certain milestones during the game.
Bettors can find odds and bet on:
- Whether a receiver will gain over a certain number of receiving yards,
- If a team's total offense will gain over a certain number of yards
- Which team will score first
- Which individual player will score the game's first touchdown
The Super Bowl allows for props on several production elements and other such things not present at every NFL game.
Bettors won’t have to look hard to find odds such as
- Who will win the coin toss
- Will the Super Bowl MVP thank God during their speech
- The color the Gatorade poured over the winning coach
How do I make a bet in Indiana?
The process for betting on the Super Bowl in Indiana is quick and painless:
- Download a sports betting app (FanDuel, BetMGM, BetRivers etc.)
- Register for a new account
- Make your first deposit
- Claim your new user bonus
New user bonuses generally come in the form of bonus bets or bet credit back if your first bet doesn't win.
When signing up at a new online sportsbook to bet on the Super Bowl, you will need to verify your identity and location to ensure eligibility.