Monday, the draw for the 2020-21 F.A. Cup Third Round took place, as did the final game of the Second Round.
Boreham Road (3-0 win at Canvey Island) moved into the third round with 63 other sides Monday, in the 140th edition of the cup.
Eighth division Marine F.C., which has already won seven rounds to get to this point, gets a dream tie against the team currently leading the Premier League. If you are trying to figure out how many teams are between the two, it is 166: that is right, Marine sits 167 places lower than Spurs, but will get to host them in January.
“It’s an unbelievable draw,” Marine boss Neil Young told BBC Sport after the draw. “We will plan as best we can. Usually with Jose’s teams, he puts pretty strong sides out. We have won seven games to get here and this is a great reward.”
There will also be three all Premier League games:
Wolves vs. Crystal Palace, Arsenal vs. Newcastle United, and Aston Villa vs. Liverpool.
While the F.A. Cup is known for its early upsets, much like the NCAA March Madness, the teams that have brought home the trophy since the start of the Premier League era (1992-93) are a veritable who’s who of the top sides.
Defending champion Arsenal has won nine in that time, including four of the last seven. Chelsea has six, Manchester United five, Liverpool and Manchester City two, Everton one, Portsmouth one, and Wigan one. Only Wigan, in a stunning 1-0 win over City in 2013, have broken into the club over the last 13 seasons.
Unlike in other years, there will be no replays in this season’s tournament, which has already had two proper rounds, along with the qualifying ones. So all ties will be decided in added extra time or penalties, to make sure fixtures do not pile up in the second part of the season.
Here are the 32 games, between the 64 teams, that will make up the third round, along with the current top 10 odds to win the tournament.
All F.A. Cup games Friday, January 8 – Monday, January 11, 2021
- 1 Huddersfield Town v Plymouth Argyle
- 2 Southampton v Shrewsbury Town
- 3 Chorley v Derby County
- 4 Marine v Tottenham Hotspur
- 5 Wolverhampton Wanderers v Crystal Palace
- 6 Stockport County v West Ham United
- 7 Oldham Athletic v AFC Bournemouth
- 8 Manchester United v Watford
- 9 Stevenage v Swansea City
- 10 Everton v Rotherham United
- 11 Nottingham Forest v Cardiff City
- 12 Arsenal v Newcastle United
- 13 Barnsley v Tranmere Rovers
- 14 Bristol Rovers v Sheffield United
- 15 Boreham Wood v Millwall
- 16 Blackburn Rovers v Doncaster Rovers
- 17 Stoke City v Leicester City
- 18 Wycombe Wanderers v Preston North End
- 19 Crawley Town v Leeds United
- 20 Burnley v Milton Keynes Dons
- 21 Bristol City v Portsmouth
- 22 Queens Park Rangers v Fulham
- 23 Aston Villa v Liverpool
- 24 Brentford v Middlesbrough
- 25 Manchester City v Birmingham City
- 26 Luton Town v Reading
- 27 Chelsea v Morecambe
- 28 Exeter City v Sheffield Wednesday
- 29 Norwich City v Coventry City
- 30 Blackpool v West Bromwich Albion
- 31 Newport County v Brighton & Hove Albion
- 32 Cheltenham Town v Mansfield Town
Top 10 betting odds to win 2020-21 F.A. Cup
- Manchester City +300
- Chelsea +650
- Tottenham +650
- Liverpool +750
- Manchester United +900
- Arsenal +1300
- Everton +1800
- Leicester City +2300
- Leeds United +2900
- Wolverhampton +2900
Bet on 2020/2021 FA Cup games with free bet bonus at William Hill USA: NJ/CO/IN/TN.