Table of Contents
Fanatics Sportsbook Eyeing US Expansion
Fanatics has been a popular company in the US pro sports industry for many years, providing official league merchandise for fans of all major North American sports leagues. Fanatics recently used the power of its brand to insert itself into the growing US online sports betting market, going live in three states on May 1, 2023. The company also acquired PointBet US operations in the same month, which will significantly boost its position in the betting industry.
Fanatics Sportsbook has a new mobile sports betting app available in the states where it operates. The company has extensive experience building mobile apps for its e-commerce business, which has translated into the sportsbook app, giving users an easy-to-use and well-designed betting platform. Fanatics has positioned itself to provide bettors with a positive mobile betting experience no matter where they live.
Fanatics Sportsbook is Now Live in These States
- Tennessee – Fanatics Sportsbook launched to a closed group of players in Tennessee on March 1, 2023. The mobile app has been available for all players since May 1, 2023.
- Maryland – Fanatics opened its first retail sportsbook in Maryland in November 2022, with the mobile app officially launching player registration on June 1, 2023.
- Ohio – The Fanatics platform started beta testing in Ohio on January 1, 2023. However, the state wasn’t ready to offer online betting until going live on May 1, 2023.
- Massachusetts – Fanatics secured a betting license in Massachusetts on January 12, 2023, and launched online betting on May 25, 2023.
- Kentucky – Fanatics received a temporary license to operate in Kentucky, launching mobile sports betting on September 28, 2023.
- West Virginia – The most recent state to launch Fanatics Sportsbook, West Virginia began offering mobile betting on November 16, 2023.
Where Will We See Fanatics Sportsbook Next?
Fanatics Sportsbook is now live in six states, with Michigan the next market targeted by the provider after it purchased the PointsBet platform this past summer. Fanatics aims to soon secure licensing to launch in the 15 states that offer PointsBet. The Michigan Gaming Control Board says Fanatics must first ensure its proposed branding meets the regulator's requirements before launching its platform.
Fanatics is also working with states that offer online casinos to launch a gaming product, which should be operational by the end of the year.
2024 Outlook for Fanatics
Fanatics Betting and Gaming CBO Ari Borod announced that Fanatics has big goals for the future, believing the company can become the top sports betting product in an industry led by a few established providers. Fanatics has a vast customer database, which Borod says is bigger than FanDuel and DraftKings combined, with a larger demographic of professional sports fans.
Fanatics will also allow customers to stream live NFL games on its platform after partnering with Genius Sports and BetVision. The innovative product will enable users to place wagers from a live video player that streams the NFL game of their choice. Borod says he believes Fanatics will be the number one player in the long term, as FanDuel, BetMGM and DraftKings currently hold the majority of the market share.