Table of Contents
How to Bet on the Masters in New Jersey
Sports betting in New Jersey has been legal since July 2018, making the state a pioneer and leader in online sports betting in the US. Unsurprisingly, many in the Garden State will be locked into Masters golf betting odds.
The Masters is arguably the biggest golf tournament of the year, providing an exciting mix of drama and surprises. The Tournament is massive from a betting standpoint, with an expansive range of PGA odds and prop bets.
Here is a closer look at how to bet on the Masters in New Jersey
The Top Golf Betting Sites in New Jersey
Pennsylvania features an extensive list of sportsbook operators. With plenty to choose from, PA bettors have access to a vast range of golf betting options. For the Masters Tournament, we recommend bet365 and DraftKings.
bet365 is a giant in the world of European sports betting, and lately, they've been making a huge splash in select US states. As an industry leader, they provide an excellent online app and a vast assortment of Masters odds, including overall winners and plenty of golf props. New customers who sign-up and place a first bet of just $1 will automatically receive an additional $200 in bonus bets.
DraftKings Sportsbook stands out due to its extensive range of golf props. You can bet on almost anything related to the Masters, including odds on the overall winner, top five position, top ten position, head-to-heads, and plenty more. New users at DraftKings get $150 in bonus bets when they win their first moneyline wager of just $5.
How to bet on the Masters in NJ
You must create an online sportsbook account to place a bet on the Masters Tournament in New Jersey. Here's a quick walkthrough to help you get set up:
#1 Complete the Sign-up Process
In the Garden State, all you have to do to set up an account is confirm a few personal details. Since you must be 21+ and physically located in NJ, this process involves entering your name, address, and last four of your SSN. You will also need to enable geolocating on the sportsbook app.
#2 Add Funds and Claim a Bonus
After registering a new account, you can add funds to your account.
Nearly every sportsbook will offer you a welcome bonus when you make your initial deposit. This generally comes in the form of bonus bets or bet credit back if your first bet doesn't win.
#3 Bet on the Masters
Once you've successfully added funds to your account and claimed your new user bonus, the final step is locking in your first wager.
You can find a range of betting options on the Masters at any online sportsbook in New Jersey, including odds on:
- Final Position (first, top five, top ten, etc.)
- Head-to-head (picking between two golfers)
- 3 Balls (picking between three golfers)
- Group Betting (picking between 4+ golfers)
- Round-by-Round Leader
- Hole-in-one odds
- Odds to make/miss the cut
Masters Betting Strategies
The sheer length of the Masters' odds board can make sizing up the right bet a little intimidating. Here are some tips and insights to help you hone in on the right golf betting markets.
- Look at historical trends: Consider how a golfer has fared at Augusta National in the past. Do they struggle or excel on the course? Also, consider how they perform in other Major Tournaments where the pressure tends to ramp up. Looking at recent forms can also be a strong indicator of how a golfer might do at the Masters.
- Find favorable matchups: Thanks to an expansive list of Masters prop bets, you don't have to try to pull a rabbit out of the hat by picking the overall winner. You can explore a narrower field by looking at head-to-head odds, 3 balls, or group betting. With these golf props, you just have to find a matchup you like.
- Ride the momentum: It's not uncommon for a lesser-known name to make their mark at Augusta. By tracking the leaderboards in the early rounds, you can tap into an underdog at favorable odds and “ride the wave” as they look to challenge conventional favorites.