Table of Contents
2023 College Basketball SEC Tournament Betting Guide
The SEC Tournament commences this week in Nashville, TN, as teams in the Conference look to solidify their place in the NCAA Tournament field next week. We will look in-depth at some SEC Tournament betting insights and tips.
The SEC Conference features a collection of top-tier programs, with Alabama and Tennessee each looking like legitimate National Title contenders. March Madness has officially arrived, so brace for the unexpected.
Who will get down the nets on Sunday?
2023 SEC Tournament Betting Odds
The Best College Basketball Betting Apps
2023 SEC Tournament Schedule
- First Round: Wednesday, March 8
- Second Round: Thursday, March 9
- Third Round: Friday, March 10
- Semifinals: Saturday, March 11
- Finals: Sunday, March 12
A History of the SEC Tournament
The SEC Tournament features some of the best College Basketball programs. With no shortage of compelling fixtures, the 2023 SEC Tournament figures to be as electric as ever.
Kentucky is easily the most decorated school in the SEC, but it has been more wide-open of late.
Here's a look at some recent Tournament winners
- 2022: Tennessee
- 2021: Alabama
- 2019: Auburn
- 2018: Kentucky
- 2017: Kentucky
- 2016: Kentucky
- 2015: Kentucky
All-Time Tournament Winners
- Kentucky: 32
- Alabama: 7
- Tennessee: 5
- Florida: 4
- Mississippi State: 3
- Auburn, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, Georgia: 2
SEC Basketball Betting Options
There are several betting options to consider when placing a wager on the SEC Tournament. The easiest is a futures bet, which involves picking the team you think will win the Tournament.
You can also bet on individual games; this includes bets such as
- Spreads: Which team will cover the spread? In this scenario, the favorite not only needs to win the game but also win by more than a certain amount (i.e, Kentucky -6.5)
- Moneylines: A bet on which team will win the game outright. You'll get better odds backing the underdog here but safer bets on favorites.
- Point totals: Here, you are only concerned with how many points will be scored during a game. If you anticipate plenty of offense, take the over. If you see more of a defensive struggle, take the under.
- Props: Individual performances or game events that are not necessarily tied to the overall outcome
How do I bet on the SEC Tournament?
To bet on the SEC Tournament, you must be located in a state where online sports betting is legal. From there, you can browse an excellent selection of online sportsbooks.
New bettors will qualify for a sign-up bonus which comes in the form of bet credit back for losing wagers or bonus bets you can use to place additional wagers on the app.
The process for creating an account is quick and straightforward:
- Download your sportsbook app of choice
- Select “Sign Up”
- Enter personal information (to confirm identity and location)
Once you are verified, you can make your first deposit and claim a new user bonus.