California sports betting is not online yet. However, California is one of those states exploring legalized mobile sports betting apps in 2020. It is set for push!
Best Betting Apps in California 2020
Legal Sports Betting Apps in California right now:
- TVG bet app (iPhone)
- Twinspires CA (iPhone, Android)
- BetAmerica CA mobile sportsbook app (iPhone, Android)
Sports Betting via California mobile apps: Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, Belmont Stakes, Local horse or greyhound races.
Mobile Sports betting in California
California leads the country in total casinos, but they are not one of the leaders in mobile sports betting apps. While many states are working hard towards legalization or launch of sports betting, that hasn’t been the case in California.
There are more than 60 casinos throughout the state of California, with almost all of them being ran by Native-American tribes located in the state.
There has been some talk of legalizing sports betting apps of late, but none of the introduced bills made it very far in either the House or the Senate. The place to bet on sporting events in the state of California is at the four full-time horse racing tracks in the state.
These racetracks don’t offer any horse racing betting apps themselves, but there are three mobile betting apps that are currently legal at this point. Racetracks will likely try to come out with a betting app in the near future, but they are facing some tough competition in California.
Online Sportsbooks in California
- Santa Anita Park
- Del Mar Racing
- Golden Gate Fields
- More sportsbooks to be expected…in 2020
More so than many states, legalizing sports betting is proving to be an uphill battle for California. The size of the state, the population, and many heavily invested organizations are all working against the greater good.
That said, this does not mean California is a no-go. The market share demands action and although the state legislature has kicked the can down the road for the foreseeable future, there’s just no way the issue will disappear or be denied.
Check Sports Betting Apps in Neighboring States to California:
BetAmerica Betting Application for California
Can I bet with BetAmerica app in CA?
You are able to create an account at BetAmerica app if you reside in California. However, you will only be able to engage in betting on supported horse races at the site. Since California has not yet legalized online sports wagering, you will not be able to engage in any traditional sports betting at BetAmerica. You will also be able to use a BetAmerica account to bet on fantasy sports.
What horse racing betting options are available?
You will find that BetAmerica sportsbook and horse racing app places a strong focus on horse racing and they cover races from more than 300 tracks across the US as well as tracks in Canada, the UK, Australia, and Ireland. There are live races offered every day and you will also benefit from handicapping contests. With many races being run and all types of bets supported, BetAmerica is a perfect choice for CA horse racing bettors looking for a secure and trustworthy US-based betting site.
What daily fantasy sports are covered?
At BetAmerica California, you will find some great options to enjoy daily fantasy sports betting. Here, there are Daily Pick’Em Sports Contests and there are always great offers on hand. The current availability of daily fantasy sports at the site include American Football, Basketball, and Baseball. It is expected that more will be added and the site also provides live scoring so you always game the latest stats available.
About California sports betting legislation processes
Californians have long enjoyed legalized poker, pari-mutuel betting and casino games across the state. But the story is different online.
In 2019, there is still no sign of legalized online gambling, but like the many US states the situation could be changing.
After the removal of PASPA (Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act) following a Supreme Court ruling in 2018, some senators are pushing ahead with a California sports betting bill.
Will California legalize sports betting? Assemblyman Adam Gray hopes so. In June 2019 Gray proposed a state constitutional amendment that would make sports betting totally legal in the state by 2020.
In fact, a referendum is being planned on the future of sports betting in California. The powerful tribal casinos in the state will likely ask for regulation, but if approved it could lead to licensed sports betting online.
The constitutional amendment will also let tribal casinos to run roulette and craps games for real money. The California sports betting legislation proposals will also let cardrooms offer wagering on sports on-site.
The Sunshine State’s long history of horse racing, which remains popular throughout the state, and proximity to Nevada – where the country’s largest sportsbooks can be found – suggest it’s only a matter of time before sports betting in California becomes a reality.
In addition, California has one of the richest professional sports traditions in the country. There are 20 franchises across football, basketball, and hockey, among other sports.
- Win-River Casino (Sportsbook) ReviewWin-River Resort and Casino runs 24/7, since April 1, 1993. It is owned and operated by the Redding Rancheria Indian Tribe. This resort features a hotel with pools and hot tubs, a full-service spa, RV … Read more
- Valley View Casino (Sportsbook) ReviewValley View Casino & Hotel runs 24 /7, since April 18, 2001. It is owned and operated by the San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians, located approximately 15 miles northeast of Westfield North County Mall, … Read more
- Viejas Casino (Sportsbook) ReviewViejas Casino and Resort runs 24 /7, since September 13, 1991, located in Alpine, just 30 minutes from Metro San Diego, California. It is owned and operated by Viejas Band of Kumeyaay Indians. This resort … Read more
- Twin Pine Casino (Sportsbook) ReviewTwin Pine Casino and Hotel runs 24/7, since November 1, 1994. It is owned and operated by the Middletown Rancheria of Pomo Indians. This resort features a smoke-free hotel that offers first-class accommodations with 59 … Read more
- Towers Casino (Sportsbook) ReviewLocated in the Holiday Inn Express building at Bank St in Grass Valley, Towers Casino and Card Room is a family-owned business, operated by Jamey and John Robinson. The casual and friendly environment features a … Read more
- Turlock Poker Room (Sportsbook) ReviewTurlock Poker Room runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, since June 1, 2004. It is owned by Central Valley Gaming LLC. This is a great venue for beginner, intermediate and professional players, … Read more
Last Updated on