Online Horse Racing Betting (USA) – TOP Sites
|Horse Betting Site||Bonus Offer||Promo Codes|
|AMWAGER||$250 Signup Bonus||AMGAMBLER|
|TVG Horse Betting||$300 Free Bet Bonus||RISKFREE300|
US loves betting on horse races. That is why there are so many online horse gambling sites in the USA where you can place bets and get a signup bonus offers on your first deposit. Below, our list of the top-ranking in the U.S. horse betting sites
- Amwager ($100 bonus, code AMGAMBLER)
- Nyra Bets
- 4NJBETS/TVG US
- Hollywood Horse Races
- Xpress Bet
Best Horse Betting Promotions for the USA
US Horse racing betting apps (for the iOS, Android phones) are also available and offer promotional bonus deals to new players in many U.S. states. You can try Amwager (use code AMGAMBLER), 4NJBets (NJ), Nyra Bets (New York) and many more onlie nhorse race betting options. Pick the best site and a promotion.
Horse Racing Betting Apps / USA
- Amwager (bonus code AMGAMBLER)
- Nyra Bets
- Hollywood Races
In fact, the majority of the states in the USA support legal wagering on horse races, and there are some great betting sites that will provide a way to engage in exciting wagering on some of the hottest races being run each year.
Sign up, place first single horse win-type bet, get up to $300 back if your horse doesn’t win.
Horse Betting Sign Up Bonuses
Here is a list of online horse betting sites (with online promotions and bonus codes).
Gambling in the U.S., including betting on horse racing, is primarily governed by the states. 44 states had laws in place authorizing pari-mutuel wagering on horse races.
There’s a lot of variation, though, in how residents of those states can bet. Some states allow betting only at the track. Others have off-track betting facilities at numerous locations. Still others allow wagering on horse racing but have no tracks.
The same goes for wagering by phone or online: Some states allow it; others don’t.
Companies called advance deposit wagering (ADW) providers are licensed – usually in Oregon or North Dakota – to provide online betting on horse races in states where local law permits it. Some of those providers do business in states where pari-mutuel betting is allowed but no law explicitly allows online betting, but they do so at their own legal peril.
If you are in a state where the law doesn’t allow pari-mutuel betting, none of the legal ADW providers will risk their licenses by accepting you as a customer. In that case, offshore racebooks are your only option.
Check if you can bet on horses online in your state:
- ALABAMA, AL
- ALASKA, AK
- ARIZONA, AZ
- ARKANSAS, AR
- CALIFORNIA, CA
- COLORADO, CO
- CONNECTICUT, CT
- DELAWARE, DE
- FLORIDA, FL
- GEORGIA, GA
- HAWAII, HI
- IDAHO, ID
- ILLINOIS, IL
- INDIANA, IN
- IOWA, IA
- KANSAS, KS
- KENTUCKY, KY
- LOUISIANA, LA
- MAINE, ME
- MARYLAND, MD
- MASSACHUSETTS, MA
- MICHIGAN, MI
- MINNESOTA, MN
- MISSISSIPPI, MS
- MISSOURI, MS
- MONTANA, MO
- NEBRASKA, NE
- NEVADA, NV
- NEW HAMPSHIRE, NH
- NEW JERSEY, NJ
- NEW MEXICO, NM
- NEW YORK, NY
- NORTH CAROLINA, NC
- NORTH DAKOTA, ND
- OHIO, OH
- OKLAHOMA, OK
- OREGON, OR
- PENNSYLVANIA, PA
- RHODE ISLAND, RI
- SOUTH CAROLINA, SC
- SOUTH DAKOTA, SD
- TENNESSEE, TN
- TEXAS, TX
- UTAH, UT
- VERMONT, VT
- VIRGINIA, VA
- WASHINGTON, WA
- WEST VIRGINIA, WV
- WISCONSIN, WI
- WYOMING, WY
Most important horse racing events in USA
- Kentucky Derby
- Dubai World Cup
- Preakness Stakes
- Prix de L’Arc de Triomphe
- Breeders’ Cup
- Epsom Derby
The Belmont Stakes is an American Grade I race and one of the largest thoroughbred meets in the USA. It takes place at Belmont Park in New York every June. Sir Winston pulled off a 10/1 shock in June 2019 by winning the $1.5m Belmont Stakes. It is a huge American gambling event. Belmont Stakes betting guide.
WHEN TO GAMBLE on Belmont Stakes: June
WHERE TO BET: Amwager, NYRA Bets, 4NJBets, DRF Bets, land-based sportsbooks, pari-mutuel racetracks, online sportsbooks (NJ, Colorado, Michigan, Iowa, Nevada, New Jersey, Pennsylvania), online horse racing sites, DFS sites
TOTAL WAGERED (estimated): $102m (2019): www.belmontstakes.com
The Kentucky Derby is one of the oldest horse races in the world and ran its 145th meet in 2019. Over $250m was wagered on the race from all sources for the 2019 race – an 11% increase on the race from 2018. TwinSpires, the official betting partner of the Kentucky Derby, handled over $30m in bets on the race alone.
WHEN TO GAMBLE on Kentucky Derby: April
WHERE TO BET: NYRA Bets, 4NJBets, TwinSpires, land-based sportsbooks, pari-mutuel racetracks, online sportsbooks (Iowa, Nevada, New Jersey, Pennsylvania), online horse racing sites, DFS sites
TOTAL WAGERED (estimated): $250.9m (2019)
Horse Racing Gambling in the United States
Horse racing betting online is legal in 41 of the 50 states. To get a better understanding, let’s take a look at some history pertaining to horse racing. The Interstate Horse Tracing Act of 1978 was passed and allowed race tracks to broadcast races to other venues and accept wagers on those races.
In 2000, there was an amendment made to this law that allowed for phone and internet wagers to be placed, making online horse race betting completely legal in much of the U.S.
While the passage of the UIGEA in 2006 made it difficult for players to engage in online gambling and hard to access online poker rooms, it did not have an effect on horse race wagering.
The only requirement is that the individual state allows for interstate wagering. While not all states do, most will, so you will find many opportunities to start betting online and generating some stellar payouts at trusted and regulated US horse racing websites.
Visit Horse Racing Betting 101
- Santa Anita Handicap & Derby Betting 2021: Horses, Promos & PreviewsMarch 6 2021 – The $400,000 Santa Anita Handicap Betting. The race will be run on March 6 2021 and be complemented by the $300,000 San Felipe Stakes (Gr 2), an important Kentucky Derby prep, the $400,000 Frank E.
- US Horse Races 2021 Betting: Mark Your CalendarAny list of the top dozen horse races to bet on in 2021 is going to be subjective, and this one is no exception. It leans heavily on the 3-year-old races of the spring and summer at the expense of some of the good races for older horses, turf runners and fillies and mares.
- Get PointsBet bonus if Kentucky Derby favorite winsThere is a lot of hype surrounding this weekend’s Kentucky Derby betting bonanza, for many reasons. Much of it has to do with the fact that it is going to be run four months later than usual, but also because we might get our third Triple Crown horse in six years, after 37 years without one.
- Pointsbet Fixed Odds Horse Racing Betting App – Coming Soon!PointsBet announced on its official Linkedin page that the sports betting company has entered into an agreement with BetMakers Technology Group to become the first sports betting operator in the USA to offer fixed-odds betting on horse racing in New Jersey, pending all legal and regulatory approvals. Read more about what fixed odds means in horse betting and how it will change what you can wager on in the USA.
- Fixed-odds betting on horse races in the USA/NJ: What does it mean?At least some U.S.
- Can you bet on Equestrian at the Olympics from the USA?Equestrian at the Olympics Germany tops the equestrian medal table with 25 golds; the US has 11 but matches the Germans on total medals won with 52. One of the greatest US Olympians is Michael Plumb from New York who competed in five Olympics from Tokyo 1964 to Los Angeles 1984.