There are many legal horse betting sites in the United States where you can place online bets and get a bonus on your deposit. Racing mobile apps (iOS, Android) are also available and offer promotional bonus deals to new players in many U.S. states. Yu can try BetAmerica, 4NJBets (NJ), Nyra Bets (New York) and many more. Pick the best sites for horse racing betting.
In fact, the majority of the states in the USA support legal wagering on horse races, and there are some great betting sites that will provide a way to engage in exciting wagering on some of the hottest races being run each year.
Here is a list of US top horse betting websites (with promotions and codes).
USA Top Horse Racing Betting Sites
Horse Racing Bonus & Promo Code for USA
|Horse Bet Site/App||Promotion Offer||Bonus Code|
|4NJBets||100% Welcome Bonus up to $200||CHECK CODE|
|BetAmerica||100% Match Bonus up to $500 on first deposit – BEST OFFER||GET500|
|XpressBet||100% deposit bonus on signup||Without Promo Code|
|Twinspires||Get $100 on first deposit after registration||Offer Code is nor required in 2020 for US new players|
Gambling in the U.S., including betting on horse racing, is primarily governed by the states. 44 states had laws in place authorizing pari-mutuel wagering on horse races.
There’s a lot of variation, though, in how residents of those states can bet. Some states allow betting only at the track. Others have off-track betting facilities at numerous locations. Still others allow wagering on horse racing but have no tracks.
The same goes for wagering by phone or online: Some states allow it; others don’t.
Companies called advance deposit wagering (ADW) providers are licensed – usually in Oregon or North Dakota – to provide online betting on horse races in states where local law permits it. Some of those providers do business in states where pari-mutuel betting is allowed but no law explicitly allows online betting, but they do so at their own legal peril.
If you are in a state where the law doesn’t allow pari-mutuel betting, none of the legal ADW providers will risk their licenses by accepting you as a customer. In that case, offshore racebooks are your only option.
Most important horse racing events in USA
- Kentucky Derby
- Dubai World Cup
- Preakness Stakes
- Prix de L’Arc de Triomphe
- Breeders’ Cup
- Epsom Derby
The Belmont Stakes is an American Grade I race and one of the largest thoroughbred meets in the USA. It takes place at Belmont Park in New York every June. Sir Winston pulled off a 10/1 shock in June 2019 by winning the $1.5m Belmont Stakes. It is a huge American gambling event.
WHEN TO GAMBLE on Belmont Stakes: June
WHERE TO BET: NYRA Bets, 4NJBets, DRF Bets, land-based sportsbooks, pari-mutuel racetracks, online sportsbooks (Iowa, Nevada, New Jersey, Pennsylvania), online horse racing sites, DFS sites
TOTAL WAGERED (estimated): $102m (2019)
The Kentucky Derby is one of the oldest horse races in the world and ran its 145th meet in 2019. Over $250m was wagered on the race from all sources for the 2019 race – an 11% increase on the race from 2018. TwinSpires, the official betting partner of the Kentucky Derby, handled over $30m in bets on the race alone.
WHEN TO GAMBLE on Kentucky Derby: April
WHERE TO BET: NYRA Bets, 4NJBets, TwinSpires, land-based sportsbooks, pari-mutuel racetracks, online sportsbooks (Iowa, Nevada, New Jersey, Pennsylvania), online horse racing sites, DFS sites
TOTAL WAGERED (estimated): $250.9m (2019)
Horse Racing Gambling in the United States
Horse racing betting online is legal in 41 of the 50 states. To get a better understanding, let’s take a look at some history pertaining to horse racing. The Interstate Horse Tracing Act of 1978 was passed and allowed race tracks to broadcast races to other venues and accept wagers on those races.
In 2000, there was an amendment made to this law that allowed for phone and internet wagers to be placed, making online horse race betting completely legal in much of the U.S.
While the passage of the UIGEA in 2006 made it difficult for players to engage in online gambling and hard to access online poker rooms, it did not have an effect on horse race wagering.
The only requirement is that the individual state allows for interstate wagering. While not all states do, most will, so you will find many opportunities to start betting online and generating some stellar payouts at trusted and regulated US horse racing websites.
Check if you can bet on horses online in your state:
- ALABAMA, AL
- ALASKA, AK
- ARIZONA, AZ
- ARKANSAS, AR
- CALIFORNIA, CA
- COLORADO, CO
- CONNECTICUT, CT
- DELAWARE, DE
- FLORIDA, FL
- GEORGIA, GA
- HAWAII, HI
- IDAHO, ID
- ILLINOIS, IL
- INDIANA, IN
- IOWA, IA
- KANSAS, KS
- KENTUCKY, KY
- LOUISIANA, LA
- MAINE, ME
- MARYLAND, MD
- MASSACHUSETTS, MA
- MICHIGAN, MI
- MINNESOTA, MN
- MISSISSIPPI, MS
- MISSOURI, MS
- MONTANA, MO
- NEBRASKA, NE
- NEVADA, NV
- NEW HAMPSHIRE, NH
- NEW JERSEY, NJ
- NEW MEXICO, NM
- NEW YORK, NY
- NORTH CAROLINA, NC
- NORTH DAKOTA, ND
- OHIO, OH
- OKLAHOMA, OK
- OREGON, OR
- PENNSYLVANIA, PA
- RHODE ISLAND, RI
- SOUTH CAROLINA, SC
- SOUTH DAKOTA, SD
- TENNESSEE, TN
- TEXAS, TX
- UTAH, UT
- VERMONT, VT
- VIRGINIA, VA
- WASHINGTON, WA
- WEST VIRGINIA, WV
- WISCONSIN, WI
- WYOMING, WY
Visit Horse Racing Betting 101
- Fixed-odds betting on horse races in the USA/NJ: What does it mean?At least some U.S.
- Saudi Cup 2020 Odds, Betting Predictions & Facts to KnowThe newly minted Saudi Cup 2020 will become the world’s richest horse race on Saturday when it divvies up an astounding $20 million purse. It’s a must-watch event for fans around the globe.
- 2020 Saudi Cup Horse Race betting Guide: US sites, predictions & oddsThe Saudi Cup will be run for the first time in 2020 with a purse of $20 million. That will snatch the title of the world’s richest thoroughbred horse race from the $12 million Dubai World Cup (G1).
- Can you bet on Equestrian at the Olympics from the USA?Equestrian at the Olympics Germany tops the equestrian medal table with 25 golds; the US has 11 but matches the Germans on total medals won with 52. One of the greatest US Olympians is Michael Plumb from New York who competed in five Olympics from Tokyo 1964 to Los Angeles 1984.
- Breeders’ Cup World Championships 2019 Betting PreviewThe $6 million Classic is deservedly the marquee betting event of the two-day Breeders’ Cup program, but the 2019 running doesn’t look like one of the strongest renewals. But that’s OK, as the lack of star power should translate to a wide-open betting race that offers the chance of rich rewards.
- Breeders’ Cup Betting How To Guide: Sites & Streaming in USHere is our quick The Breeders’ Cup betting guide. Learn where to bet (all legal betting sites in your state), odds on favorites, time, date and online streaming.
Last Updated on