Online Horse Racing Betting (USA) – TOP Sites 2020
|Horse Betting Site||Bonus Offer||Promo Codes|
|AMWAGER||$100 Signup Bonus||AMGAMBLER|
|4NJBets Horse Betting||$100 Welcome Bonus||CHECK CODE|
|Nyra Bets (29 U.S. States)||100% up to $200 Deposit Bonus||NYRAGAMBLER|
US loves betting on horse races. That is why there are so many online horse gambling sites in the USA where you can place bets and get a signup bonus offers on your first deposit. Below, our list of the top-ranking in the U.S. horse betting sites
- Amwager ($100 bonus, code AMGAMBLER)
- Nyra Bets
- 4NJBETS/TVG US
- Hollywood Horse Races
- Xpress Bet
Best Horse Betting Promotions for the USA
US Horse racing betting apps (for the iOS, Android phones) are also available and offer promotional bonus deals to new players in many U.S. states. You can try Amwager (use code AMGAMBLER), 4NJBets (NJ), Nyra Bets (New York) and many more onlie nhorse race betting options. Pick the best site and a promotion.
Horse Racing Betting Apps / USA
- Amwager (bonus code AMGAMBLER)
- Nyra Bets
- Hollywood Races
In fact, the majority of the states in the USA support legal wagering on horse races, and there are some great betting sites that will provide a way to engage in exciting wagering on some of the hottest races being run each year.
Horse Betting Sign Up Bonuses
Here is a list of online horse betting sites (with online promotions and bonus codes).
Gambling in the U.S., including betting on horse racing, is primarily governed by the states. 44 states had laws in place authorizing pari-mutuel wagering on horse races.
There’s a lot of variation, though, in how residents of those states can bet. Some states allow betting only at the track. Others have off-track betting facilities at numerous locations. Still others allow wagering on horse racing but have no tracks.
The same goes for wagering by phone or online: Some states allow it; others don’t.
Companies called advance deposit wagering (ADW) providers are licensed – usually in Oregon or North Dakota – to provide online betting on horse races in states where local law permits it. Some of those providers do business in states where pari-mutuel betting is allowed but no law explicitly allows online betting, but they do so at their own legal peril.
If you are in a state where the law doesn’t allow pari-mutuel betting, none of the legal ADW providers will risk their licenses by accepting you as a customer. In that case, offshore racebooks are your only option.
Check if you can bet on horses online in your state:
- ALABAMA, AL
- ALASKA, AK
- ARIZONA, AZ
- ARKANSAS, AR
- CALIFORNIA, CA
- COLORADO, CO
- CONNECTICUT, CT
- DELAWARE, DE
- FLORIDA, FL
- GEORGIA, GA
- HAWAII, HI
- IDAHO, ID
- ILLINOIS, IL
- INDIANA, IN
- IOWA, IA
- KANSAS, KS
- KENTUCKY, KY
- LOUISIANA, LA
- MAINE, ME
- MARYLAND, MD
- MASSACHUSETTS, MA
- MICHIGAN, MI
- MINNESOTA, MN
- MISSISSIPPI, MS
- MISSOURI, MS
- MONTANA, MO
- NEBRASKA, NE
- NEVADA, NV
- NEW HAMPSHIRE, NH
- NEW JERSEY, NJ
- NEW MEXICO, NM
- NEW YORK, NY
- NORTH CAROLINA, NC
- NORTH DAKOTA, ND
- OHIO, OH
- OKLAHOMA, OK
- OREGON, OR
- PENNSYLVANIA, PA
- RHODE ISLAND, RI
- SOUTH CAROLINA, SC
- SOUTH DAKOTA, SD
- TENNESSEE, TN
- TEXAS, TX
- UTAH, UT
- VERMONT, VT
- VIRGINIA, VA
- WASHINGTON, WA
- WEST VIRGINIA, WV
- WISCONSIN, WI
- WYOMING, WY
Most important horse racing events in USA
- Kentucky Derby
- Dubai World Cup
- Preakness Stakes
- Prix de L’Arc de Triomphe
- Breeders’ Cup
- Epsom Derby
The Belmont Stakes is an American Grade I race and one of the largest thoroughbred meets in the USA. It takes place at Belmont Park in New York every June. Sir Winston pulled off a 10/1 shock in June 2019 by winning the $1.5m Belmont Stakes. It is a huge American gambling event. Belmont Stakes 2020 betting guide.
WHEN TO GAMBLE on Belmont Stakes: June
WHERE TO BET: Amwager, NYRA Bets, 4NJBets, DRF Bets, land-based sportsbooks, pari-mutuel racetracks, online sportsbooks (NJ, Colorado, Michigan, Iowa, Nevada, New Jersey, Pennsylvania), online horse racing sites, DFS sites
TOTAL WAGERED (estimated): $102m (2019): www.belmontstakes.com
The Kentucky Derby is one of the oldest horse races in the world and ran its 145th meet in 2019. Over $250m was wagered on the race from all sources for the 2019 race – an 11% increase on the race from 2018. TwinSpires, the official betting partner of the Kentucky Derby, handled over $30m in bets on the race alone.
WHEN TO GAMBLE on Kentucky Derby: April
WHERE TO BET: NYRA Bets, 4NJBets, TwinSpires, land-based sportsbooks, pari-mutuel racetracks, online sportsbooks (Iowa, Nevada, New Jersey, Pennsylvania), online horse racing sites, DFS sites
TOTAL WAGERED (estimated): $250.9m (2019)
Horse Racing Gambling in the United States
Horse racing betting online is legal in 41 of the 50 states. To get a better understanding, let’s take a look at some history pertaining to horse racing. The Interstate Horse Tracing Act of 1978 was passed and allowed race tracks to broadcast races to other venues and accept wagers on those races.
In 2000, there was an amendment made to this law that allowed for phone and internet wagers to be placed, making online horse race betting completely legal in much of the U.S.
While the passage of the UIGEA in 2006 made it difficult for players to engage in online gambling and hard to access online poker rooms, it did not have an effect on horse race wagering.
The only requirement is that the individual state allows for interstate wagering. While not all states do, most will, so you will find many opportunities to start betting online and generating some stellar payouts at trusted and regulated US horse racing websites.
Visit Horse Racing Betting 101
- Pointsbet Fixed Odds Horse Racing Betting App – Coming Soon!PointsBet announced on its official Linkedin page that the sports betting company has entered into an agreement with BetMakers Technology Group to become the first sports betting operator in the USA to offer fixed-odds betting on horse racing in New Jersey, pending all legal and regulatory approvals. Read more about what fixed odds means in horse betting and how it will change what you can wager on in the USA.
- Fixed-odds betting on horse races in the USA/NJ: What does it mean?At least some U.S.
- Can you bet on Equestrian at the Olympics from the USA?Equestrian at the Olympics Germany tops the equestrian medal table with 25 golds; the US has 11 but matches the Germans on total medals won with 52. One of the greatest US Olympians is Michael Plumb from New York who competed in five Olympics from Tokyo 1964 to Los Angeles 1984.
- Breeders’ Cup Betting How To Guide: Sites & Streaming in USHere is our quick The Breeders’ Cup betting guide. Learn where to bet (all legal betting sites in your state), odds on favorites, time, date and online streaming.
- USA Horse Racing Betting Apps 2020 (for iPhone/Android)Are you looking for the best horse betting app ahead of the biggest horse racing events such as Kentucky Derby or Breeder’s Cup? Read our reviews of the US best-rated horse wagering mobile apps (Android and iPhone supported) below.
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Betting Guide: Sites and Streaming in USYou can find Jockey Club Gold Cup betting lines, odds, bonus offers and free predictions at all legal US horse racing betting sites/apps such as BetAmerica, TwinSpires, DRF bets, NyraBets, 4NJBets and other American online racebooks. Where to legally bet on the Jockey Club Gold Cup in the U.