Sports betting in Arkansas is live.
Best betting apps in Arkansas
Expected Arkansas mobile betting apps in 2020: Southland Gaming and Racing.
Sports betting markets/leagues/events via Arkansas mobile app: All major professional sports are included: NBA, NHL, MLB, MLS, NFL, WNBA, PGA, WTA. Major foreign leagues and events are included as well. NCAA athletic events are included.
Mobile sports betting in Arkansas
Arkansas wasted little time in legalizing mobile sports betting, doing so back in November 2018. It took some time for things to get rolling in AR state, but single game sports betting launched July 1, 2019. There aren’t a ton of places to bet on sports in the state of Arkansas, but launching sports betting apps could change that.
There are just two sportsbooks that are up and running at this time in Arkansas, with Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort being ahead of the game. Southland Gaming and Racing has a sportsbook up and running, but they have yet to break into the mobile app betting online market.
Horse racing is legal in the state of Arkansas, and there is a highly rated app already out on the market in Arkansas. TwinSpires is the horse racing betting app of choice in Arkansas, and they have made their mark in other states as well.
Check Sports Betting Apps In Neighboring States To Arkansas:
Arkansas Sports Betting
Arkansas has historically had a limited range of legal horse racing and greyhound racing. Sports betting in Arkansas has been restricted to pari-mutuel wagers at destinations like Oaklawn Park and Southland Park. As well as pari-mutuel betting, racetracks also offer some electronic games of skill (EGS). These were introduced under a 2010 Arkansas Code.
But since the US Supreme Court overturned the PASPA (Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act) in 2018, states like Arkansas have looked at ways to expand their gambling operations, also online.
One campaign is Driving Arkansas Forward, an initiative to introduce new casinos to the state and expand gambling facilities at the Southland and Oaklawn racinos. Under new proposals, sports betting in Arkansas would be made totally legal for the first time.
In 2019, the prospects for Arkansas sports betting legislation don’t look good. Senate Bill 669 – the Athletic Event Wagering Act of 2019 – would have paved the way for licensed on-site betting on “athletic events” in Arkansas. However, under proposals, AR sportsbooks would be forced to return around 20 percent of revenue to leagues. That would come on top of the proposed state tax on online winnings.
But lawmakers in Arkansas are keen on some form of legalized gambling (online via mobile?). In 2018, the green light was given to four new casinos. These casinos will be able to sports betting in Arkansas when they open.
- Saracen Casino (Sportsbook) ReviewSaracen Casino Resort, runs 24 /7, owned and operated by Quapaw Tribe. It is a brand new casino, opened on Friday, Sept. 27, 2019, on the 15,000 sq ft. Until till end of 2020, we … Read more
- Hard Rock Casino Arkansas (Sportsbook) ReviewHard Rock Casino Arkansas run 24 /7, owned and operated by Tri-Peaks Entertainment Group, LLC. The application submitted by Hard Rock Arkansas to the Arkansas Racing Commission for a casino in Pope County was denied … Read more
- How and where to play Online Slots in Arkansas?Where to play slot machines in Arkansas for real money? Slots are a mainstay in the casino experience and Arkansas was sure to allow them to operate in their casinos. These gambling establishments Southland Casino … Read more
- Can you play Online Blackjack and Roulette in Arkansas?Where to play Blackjack and Roulette in Arkansas While Arkansas has been slow on the uptake when it comes to legal and regulated gambling in their state, they sure are making up for lost time. … Read more
- Little Rock Online Sports Betting Guide 2020This is our sad overview of Little Rock (AR) online sports betting options. Check the gambling sites, legal sportsbooks, mobile apps available to the locals. Read about Arkansas casinos, gambling locations in 2019/2020. Learn about … Read more
- Saracen Casino Resort – Proposed (2020)Saracen Casino Resort Jefferson county is Arkansas' fourth state to benefit from the legalization of gambling operations. In one of the county's largest cities, Pine Bluff, plans have been submitted for a new casino hotel … Read more
Last Updated on