Sports betting in Arkansas is live. You can place bets on NFL, NBA, college sports, PGA tournaments and NASCAR in person at Southland Casino Racing based in West Memphis.
Best betting apps in Arkansas
Expected Arkansas mobile betting apps in 2020: Southland Gaming and Racing (debuted on a day of Super Bowl 54)!
Sports betting markets/leagues/events via Arkansas mobile app: All major professional sports are included: NBA, NHL, MLB, MLS, NFL, WNBA, PGA, WTA. Major foreign leagues and events are included as well. NCAA athletic events are included.
Mobile sports betting in Arkansas
Arkansas wasted little time in legalizing mobile sports betting, doing so back in November 2018. It took some time for things to get rolling in AR state, but single game sports betting launched July 1, 2019. There aren’t a ton of places to bet on sports in the state of Arkansas, but launching sports betting apps could change that.
There are just two sportsbooks that are up and running at this time in Arkansas, with Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort being ahead of the game. Southland Gaming and Racing has a sportsbook up and running, but they have yet to break into the mobile app betting online market.
Horse racing is legal in the state of Arkansas, and there is a highly rated app already out on the market in Arkansas. TwinSpires is the horse racing betting app of choice in Arkansas, and they have made their mark in other states as well.
Check Sports Betting Apps In Neighboring States To Arkansas:
Where Can I Bet Sports Legally in Arkansas?
Oaklawn Jockey Club (near Little Rock) and Southland Racing Corporation (near Memphis).
Two additional gambling licenses to include sports betting will be granted to applicants. Those properties will likely be casinos located in Pope County and Jefferson County.
There are no initial proposals for mobile or online sports betting in Arkansas. That will change once legal sports betting begins in the state. While residents in Arkansas wait for legal sports betting at locations within the state, there are other options to bet on sports online.
Residents of Arkansas may visit legally sanctioned, US-friendly online sportsbooks that operate offshore or outside the United States. Offshore sports betting is considered legal in most states because licensed offshore sportsbooks are located outside the jurisdiction of the US federal laws. A majority of online sports betting sites and offshore sportsbooks set the minimum age at 21 years old.
Arkansas Sports Betting
Arkansas has historically had a limited range of legal horse racing and greyhound racing. Sports betting in Arkansas has been restricted to pari-mutuel wagers at destinations like Oaklawn Park and Southland Park. As well as pari-mutuel betting, racetracks also offer some electronic games of skill (EGS). These were introduced under a 2010 Arkansas Code.
But since the US Supreme Court overturned the PASPA (Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act) in 2018, states like Arkansas have looked at ways to expand their gambling operations, also online.
One campaign is Driving Arkansas Forward, an initiative to introduce new casinos to the state and expand gambling facilities at the Southland and Oaklawn racinos. Under new proposals, sports betting in Arkansas would be made totally legal for the first time.
- Saracen Casino (Sportsbook) ReviewSaracen Casino Resort, runs 24 /7, owned and operated by Quapaw Tribe. It is a brand new casino, opened on Friday, Sept.
- Hard Rock Casino Arkansas (Sportsbook) ReviewHard Rock Casino Arkansas run 24 /7, owned and operated by Tri-Peaks Entertainment Group, LLC. The application submitted by Hard Rock Arkansas to the Arkansas Racing Commission for a casino in Pope County was denied in June 2019.
- How and where to play Online Slots in Arkansas?Where to play slot machines in Arkansas for real money? Slots are a mainstay in the casino experience and Arkansas was sure to allow them to operate in their casinos.
- Can you play Online Blackjack and Roulette in Arkansas?Where to play Blackjack and Roulette in Arkansas While Arkansas has been slow on the uptake when it comes to legal and regulated gambling in their state, they sure are making up for lost time. As of April of 2019, two casinos are up-and-running in the state with plans for two more coming soon after.
- Little Rock Online Sports Betting Guide 2020This is our sad overview of Little Rock (AR) online sports betting options. Check the gambling sites, legal sportsbooks, mobile apps available to the locals.
- Saracen Casino Resort – Proposed (2020)Saracen Casino Resort Jefferson county is Arkansas’ fourth state to benefit from the legalization of gambling operations. In one of the county’s largest cities, Pine Bluff, plans have been submitted for a new casino hotel complex by the Quapaw Nation.
Last Updated on