Table of Contents
Massachusetts Sports Betting Bonuses & Promo Codes – 2023
Is Online Sports Betting Legal in Massachusetts?
Yes, online sports betting is now legal in Massachusetts! With multiple sportsbooks to sign up for!
- March 10, 2023 – Massachusetts online sports betting is live!
- March 7, 2023 — The Boston Red Sox and BetMGM announce that they have agreed to a new sports betting partnership.
- February 23, 2023 — PointsBet withdraws it’s MA sports betting license, joining Bet365.
- January 31, 2023 – Retail sports betting officially became available in Massachusetts. The Encore Boston Harbor in Everett, Plainridge Park Casino in Plainville and MGM Springfield were the first locations to accept wagers.
- January 27, 2023 – Bet365 has pulled its application for an online sportsbook license in MA.
- January 24, 2023 — Raynham Park agrees to a partnership with Caesars Sportsbook. With this partnership, Caesars will operate in Raynham Park with plans to build their own betting location.
- January 18, 2023 – From Jan. 18-20, the MGC will review and vote on licenses for the six untethered sports betting applicants in the state. The six operators are: Bally Bet, betr, Betway, DraftKings, FanDuel and PointsBet.
- January 4, 2023 – The MGC approved Barstool Sportsbook for an online sports betting license in the state. Barstool has joined BetMGM, Caesars, and WynnBet to obtain a license in Massachusetts.
- December 30, 2022 – Announcement of the launch of retail sports betting in MA on January 31, 2023. Online sports betting is expected to follow soon after.
- December 22, 2022 — The MGC agree to launch in-person sports betting in Massachusetts on Jan. 31, 2023. A soft launch will be implemented on Jan. 30 for testing purposes.
- December 19, 2022 – BetMGM joins WynnBET and becomes the second sportsbook to receive MA’s sportsbook license.
- December 13, 2022 – WynnBET becomes the first officially-approved sportsbook in MA.
Massachusetts Sportsbook Apps
2023 will mark a monumental year in Massachusetts sports betting with the launch of online sports betting statewide. Several operators have already been approved, with more still pending. Stay tuned for updates closer to March.
Here are the top sportsbooks that we will potentially see in Massachusetts:
- BetMGM Sportsbook – BetMGM carries one of the more recognizable names of any of the best sports betting apps.
- DraftKings Sportsbook – With HQ in the heart of Boston, DraftKings will have no problem gathering a strong presence in their home state.
- Caesars Sportsbook – After acquiring William Hill, Caesars revamped and improved its betting app. Caesars will continue their surge of the leaders in the industry and make for themselves in Massachusetts.
- FanDuel Sportsbook – With HQ in NYC, FanDuel will make sure they can get a spot in the launch of the Bay State.
Top Betting App Bonuses
All of the major sports betting platforms in MA are competing for customers. As a result, they offer incentives for new users in the form of promos and bonus offers. Once sports betting goes live, we will update you on everything you need to know concerning the best promo offers in MA.
MA Live Betting & Streaming
Mobile sports betting has helped fuel the increased popularity of live betting. After a game has started, you can place a multitude of bets on in-game action, including spreads, player props, and point totals.
Live betting allows you an opportunity to get more favorable odds on a bet you like, as the lines constantly change to account for what is happening on the field. You can also follow along on your favorite sports betting app, as many sportsbooks now offer streaming on select events.
Sports Teams in Massachusetts
Massachusetts is home to several pro sports teams in the Boston-area, including the New England Patriots, Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics, Boston Bruins, and New England Revolution.
Unlike several other states, Massachusetts does have restrictions on betting on in-state college teams unless they are playing in tournaments. That means, unfortunately, fans in the Bay State won’t be able to wager on local teams such as Northeastern, UMass, or Harvard.
What is Legal in Massachusetts?
It is perfectly legal for those in Massachusetts to bet on Daily Fantasy Sports. This was legalized in 2016 and has been incredibly popular with sports fans in the state. FanDuel, Yahoo, and DraftKings all stage daily, weekly, and seasonal tournaments. You must be 21 years of age or over to wager on Fantasy football, basketball, and baseball. The latter is based in Boston and accounts for around 50% of all Fantasy Sports wagers. It is believed that there are around 75,000 active DFS players in the state.
Top DFS Betting Sites
Massachusetts has legal horse racing betting sites, and the sport used to be big in this state. Suffolk Downs in East Boston was a major track. This was home to the Massachusetts Handicap, but attendances dropped. Despite that, you can still bet in the Pilgrim State on horses at Plainridge Racecourse, through OTBs and NYRA Bets online which is active here.
Top Horse Racing Betting Sites
More on Massachusetts Gambling
Online Casinos in Massachusetts
It is currently prohibited to wager at an online casino in Massachusetts. However, you can enjoy a variety of slots and table games such as roulette and blackjack at one of the three land-based casinos. Social casinos and sweepstakes sites are the best way to enjoy casino-style games in the Bay state. The three land-based casinos are MGM Springfield, Encore Boston Harbor, and Plainridge Park Casino. The latter is a slots-only venue. There are currently no plans to legalize online casino wagering in this region, so casino fans will have to visit one of the above venues to access any available popular gambling tables or titles.
Online Poker in Massachusetts
Online Poker is not currently permitted in the state, and you cannot currently enter tournaments if you reside in Massachusetts. However, two of the three land-based casinos do offer video poker machines and stage regular tournaments in their dedicated poker rooms. This is the best way to enjoy variants of the popular game.
Esports in Massachusetts
It is currently not permitted to wager on esports in Massachusetts. Although it is growing in popularity and is favored by the younger generation, it is currently not legal to bet on any ongoing tournaments or competitions.
Lottery in Massachusetts
You can play the Massachusetts state lottery on a weekly basis and tickets can be purchased from a number of reputable retailers. It is also now possible to buy tickets for the Mega Millions, Powerball, and Lucky for Life draws online. You can download the dedicated app and check previous draws and upcoming jackpots
Want to know more about Kentucky gambling laws, taxes and development? Follow updates at statelaws.findlaw.com/massachusetts-law.html