The 2023 Men's Basketball Big Ten Conference Tournament gets underway this week at the Gainbridge Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, IN. We will break it down with Big Ten Tournament betting tips and insights.
The Big Ten has been a compelling conference all season, boasting several NCAA Tournament hopefuls and a few top-tier contenders in Purdue and Indiana.
With that said, this year's Big Ten Tourney looks to be a toss-up, which should yield plenty of drama and excitement.
2023 Big Ten Tournament Betting Odds
The Best College Basketball Betting Apps
2023 Big Ten Tournament Schedule
- First Round: Wednesday, March 8
- Second Round: Thursday, March 9
- Third Round: Friday, March 10
- Semifinals: Saturday, March 11
- Finals: Sunday, March 12
A History of the Big Ten Tournament
The Big Ten Conference is rich in history with some of the most iconic programs and rivalries in all of college sports. The end-of-season Conference Tournament nearly always delivers with edge-of-your-seat drama.
Here's a look at Big Ten Tournament winners in recent years
- 2022: Iowa
- 2021: Illinois
- 2020: N/A (COVID)
- 2019: Michigan State
- 2018: Michigan
- 2017: Michigan
- 2016: Michigan State
- 2015: Wisconsin
All-time Tournament Winners
- Michigan State (6)
- Ohio State (4)
- Illinois (3)
- Wisconsin (3)
- Iowa (3)
- Michigan (2)
Conference Tournament Betting Options
There are several exciting options to consider when placing a wager on the Big Ten Tournament. If you don't want to roll the dice on the unpredictable nature of a single game you can bet on the overall Tournament winner by placing a futures bet (see odds above).
If you want to bet on individual games, you can bet on:
- Spreads: Which team will cover the spread? In this scenario, the favorite not only needs to win the game but also win by more than a certain amount (i.e Indiana -4.5)
- Moneylines: A bet on which team will win the game outright. You'll get better odds backing the underdog here but safer bets on favorites.
- Point totals: Here, you are only concerned with how many points will be scored during a game. If you anticipate plenty of offense, take the over. If you see more of a defensive struggle, take the under.
- Props: Individual performances or game events that are not necessarily tied to the overall outcome
How do I bet on the Big Ten Tournament?
To bet on the Big Ten Tournament, you must be located in a state where online sports betting is legal. From there, you can browse an excellent selection of online sportsbooks. Each sportsbook has a generous sign-up offer that includes either bonus bets or bet credit if your first bet doesn't win.
The process for creating an account is quick and straightforward:
- Download your sportsbook app of choice
- Select “Sign Up”
- Enter personal information (to confirm identity and location)
Once you are verified, you can make your first deposit and claim a new user bonus.