It won’t be long until the Esports craze hits North America and the legal US sportsbooks. Maybe already in 2020? By the way, NJ Sportsbook once already accepted bets on the LOL WC Finals.
Esports Betting Sites for New Jersey*
- bet365 NJ
- Unibet esports
- William Hill NJ app
*expected esports betting sites in NJ.
Best US esports betting apps (in 2020 and further):
- Loot bet
- Arcane Bet
- Buff Bet
The place to keep an eye out for this development would appear to be New Jersey.
Three of the European sportsbooks that have partnership agreements to operate sportsbooks for New Jersey casinos – Bet365, Unibet and Betfair – all accept esports bets at their European sites and via mobile apps.
Sports bettors in New Jersey already placed legal esports bets online at FanDuel site. The sportsbook released odds and lines on the League of Legends World Championship in 2019.
By the way, according to Global Esports Market Report by NewZoo, total global esports revenue hit 1 bln USD (400 mln USD – USA) and will reach 1.8 bln USD for the first time in 2020.
As the fastest-growing sport globally, logically, it shouldn’t be long until Esports take America by storm.
What Are Esports?
Esports is competitive, organized video gaming. Leagues and tournaments are conducted with popular video games such as Fortnite, League of Legends, Counter-Strike, Call of Duty, Overwatch and Madden NFL, among others.
One-on-one competitions are held, as well as team events. Top Esports players, like their regular sports compatriots, can pull down seven-figure salaries and major endorsement deals.
Again like traditional sports, top Esports events are televised and watched by millions both in person and on television and via the internet.
egames to bet on:
- Apex Legends
- Call of duty
- Dota 2
- League of legends
- Street Fighter
- Rocket League
- eSport fantasy betting (Draftkings USA)
How to Bet Esports
Just like with actual sports, all of the usual betting options are available on Esports – moneyline, handicap line (similar to a point spread), totals and prop bets. Pre-tournament and preseason league future book wagers are also offered.
Live betting is a hugely popular pursuit during international Esports competitions.
Esports competitions and championships to bet on:
- The International Dota2 Championships
- Capcom Pro Tour
- Call of Duty Championship
- Evolution Championship Series
- Major League Gaming
- Intel Extreme Masters
- Battle.net World Championship Series
- Halo World Championships
- League of Legends World Championships
- World Electronic Sports Games
How Soon Until Esports Reaches The U.S. Market?
Betting on Esports is still prohibited in New Jersey. But like everything else currently in sports betting in the USA, this situation is fluid.
The biggest delay in the legalization of Esports is that American lawmakers can’t seem to decide whether wagering on video game play should be considered sports betting, or if it should fall under casino gaming regulations, similar to online video poker.
More about esports betting:
- Marble Racing Betting & Marbula One Odds?Marbula E racing series or the “pinball of motorsport” is a new, popular e-game that’s fun to watch, participate in and soon, bet on. Marble Racing betting odds are not available with bookmakers in the United Kingdom (maybe, try Pinnacle or check later on bet365 esports section) or United States, and most betting sites/apps are not offering markets on marble racing.
- What is Counter-Strike: Global Offensive esports betting?Counter-Strike betting is betting on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive esports games. Counter-Strike betting works very to traditional sports betting.
- Esports betting arriving in New Jersey?We have made a list of all expected in NJ esports betting sites and mobile apps in 2020.
- 4 Best American Sites for Esports Betting EnthusiastsThese four American bookies accept online bets on Esports: DraftKings, BetStars, 888Sport, Betfair NJ. Sign up and get bonus promotions.
- How do esports teams make money?Global esports revenues estimated to hit $1.1-1.
- How do you bet on Dota 2 Defence of the Ancients 2?DotA betting odds: simple rules DotA betting works very similarly to traditional sports betting. The most straight-forward way to bet is betting on the outcome of a Dota 2 game (Defence of the Ancients 2), these bets are presented in either fractional or decimal odds.
- What can you bet in DotA lounge?After a Valve crackdown on DotA 2 lounge you can no longer bet your Steam items on the site. You can bet their virtual currency called “coins” on games but it’s ultimately pointless as you can’t use the currency to buy anything.
- Dota 2 betting odds and what they mean in esports?Dota 2 betting odds often work the same as traditional sports betting. The most common form of odds that are presented by sportsbooks is fractional odds.
- What betting sites accept Dota 2 items?Betting Dota 2 in-game items and skins has been an unregulated practice for a long time. A lot of talk has been going around lately about banning the practice altogether, especially with the recent controversies surrounding betting sites for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
- Which is more successful as an esport: League of Legends or DotA 2?League of Legends and Defence of the Ancients 2 (Dota 2) are by far the two biggest Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) games in the esports scene. They are constantly compared and contrasted and fans of each game are often at each other’s throats over whose game is superior.