It won’t be long until the Esports craze hits North America and the legal US sportsbooks. Maybe already in 2020? By the way, NJ Sportsbook once already accepted bets on the LOL WC Finals.
Legal NJ Esports Betting Sites (Expected)
- bet365 NJ esports
- Unibet NJ esports
- Betfair NJ esports betting site
- Draftkings NJ esports betting app
- Fanduel NJ esports
- William Hill USA esports
Best esports betting sites (expected in USA in 2020 and further):
- Loot bet
- Arcane Bet
- Buff Bet
The place to keep an eye out for this development would appear to be New Jersey.
Three of the European sportsbooks that have partnership agreements to operate sportsbooks for New Jersey casinos – Bet365, Unibet and Betfair – all accept esports bets at their European sites and via mobile apps.
Sports bettors in New Jersey already placed legal esports bets online at FanDuel site. The sportsbook released odds and lines on the League of Legends World Championship in 2019.
As the fastest-growing sport globally, logically, it shouldn’t be long until Esports take America by storm.
What Are Esports?
Esports is competitive, organized video gaming. Leagues and tournaments are conducted with popular video games such as Fortnite, League of Legends, Counter-Strike, Call of Duty, Overwatch and Madden NFL, among others.
One-on-one competitions are held, as well as team events. Top Esports players, like their regular sports compatriots, can pull down seven-figure salaries and major endorsement deals.
Again like traditional sports, top Esports events are televised and watched by millions both in person and on television and via the internet.
egames to bet on:
- Apex Legends
- Call of duty
- Dota 2
- League of legends
- Street Fighter
- Rocket League
- eSport fantasy betting (Draftkings USA)
How to Bet Esports
Just like with actual sports, all of the usual betting options are available on Esports – moneyline, handicap line (similar to a point spread), totals and prop bets. Pre-tournament and preseason league future book wagers are also offered.
Live betting is a hugely popular pursuit during international Esports competitions.
Esports competitions and championships to bet on:
- The International Dota2 Championships
- Capcom Pro Tour
- Call of Duty Championship
- Evolution Championship Series
- Major League Gaming
- Intel Extreme Masters
- Battle.net World Championship Series
- Halo World Championships
- League of Legends World Championships
- World Electronic Sports Games
How Soon Until Esports Reaches The U.S. Market?
Betting on Esports is still prohibited in New Jersey. But like everything else currently in sports betting in the USA, this situation is fluid.
The biggest delay in the legalization of Esports is that American lawmakers can’t seem to decide whether wagering on video game play should be considered sports betting, or if it should fall under casino gaming regulations, similar to online video poker.
More about esports betting:
- What is Counter-Strike: Global Offensive esports betting?
- Esports betting arriving in New Jersey?
- 4 Best American Sites for Esports Betting Enthusiasts
- How do esports teams make money?
- How do you bet on Dota 2 Defence of the Ancients 2?
- What can you bet in DotA lounge?
- Dota 2 betting odds and what they mean in esports?
- What betting sites accept Dota 2 items?
- Which is more successful as an esport: League of Legends or DotA 2?
- Basketball players who bought esports teams?